Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Reluctant Tulsan--Biting the Apple


Friday, April 11th, the Individual Artists of Oklahoma is hosting their annual Biting the Apple erotic art show at their gallery in downtown Oklahoma City.

My friend Anndrea from the OKC metro was invited to display her creative works at the event and she has been so kind to share some of them, and her motivations, with us.

"During school at UCO I studied small metal design and fibers...I would usually find myself creating an abstract painting to unwind, or just 'for fun'. [These two] samples are my first two watercolors ever made..I recently took a workshop over watercolor this fall at Quartz Mountain with Michael Crespo and immediately fell in love with the medium.

"My art reflects what I believe in, people that have touched my life, where I have come from, and the many things that I have brought with me on my journey so far. My first watercolor is a large sea turtle titled 'Going Home.' I have a strong connection with turtles...they have been my spirit guide for many years. I consider myself a nomad and I admire sea turtles for always finding their home.

"The second watercolor I created, titled 'Sunny,' was made for my father who was trying to find land in Wisconsin at the time. I grew up there and loved to ice fish with him for these beautiful fish. 'Sunny' holds a connection to a place and time I once called home. The fish is accompanied by a full, yellow moon--there was a full moon the night I painted it and its energy will forever be in place in the large, midnight blue waters."

If you're disappointed at the lack of erotic art, you should head to OKC Friday, April 11th and have a look. Or, you could visit the events web page, as linked above for samples from the show tomorrow night, but only if travel is not an option.

Thanks again to Anndrea for sharing some of her thoughts with us, and we look forward to hearing more from, and about, her in the future.

TheReluctantTulsan

No comments: